Wednesday, March 28, 2007

LCD Soundsystem album sucks!??!


Hey Y'all,

I just read an article on James Murphy in New York Magazine. They make him sound like an interesting dude, so you'd think that the newly-released, hyped-up album (titled Sound of Silver) from his band, LCD Soundsystem, should be good. Right?

I first listened to it about 2-3 weeks ago and was not impressed at all. The only songs that stood out were "When Someone Great is Gone" and "All My Friends". The rest of the album...kinda blew.

I talked to my buddy Sheryl today and she really likes the album, so I thought I'd give it another go. I listened to it 3 times. And still, I felt the same way I felt on my initial listen.

Am I wrong?

I love that Pitchfork gave it a super high rating. Just confirms what we all already know about Pitchfork: they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Is anyone else with me on this??

No comments: