Sunday, March 4, 2007

Marissa Nadler, El Perro Del Mar played Bowery Ballroom



























Last Thursday night, Chris Garneau and Marissa Nadler opened for El Perro Del Mar at Bowery Ballroom.

The pics aren't fantastic as I got there sorta late and thus got a bad spot. Also, I'm short. We missed Chris' entire set, but caught most of Marissa. She's got a really fantastic, unique voice but she definitely needs to work on her stage presence. The crowd was being mega-rude and talked through the majority of her set (my biggest pet peeve). I wonder if this was the biggest venue she's played before. I would really like to see her at the Living Room or Joe's Pub. That said, her voice is amazing. Silvia gave me goosebumps.

El Perro Del Mar was charming and played a pretty terrific (but short) set. 3 swedish dudes (keys, bass, guitar) backed up her vox and guitar. Can't wait for her to come back, yo.

No comments: