Thursday, March 22, 2007

OH WHAT A NIGHT: The New Violators, Dash Dogs, Jamie T.

Last night, young British artist Jamie T. played Mercury Lounge and was spectacular. It's been a long time since I've seen a musician capable of truly owning the stage with simply their instrument and voice.



The crowd was really terrific and it was one of those New York nights that will forever be etched in my mind as "TOTALLY AWESOME, YO". The Brits showed up to support and sing along all the lyrics...which you think would be mega-annoying, but instead was very endearing and added to the whimsy and fun of the performance. I left with a huge grin on my face like the nerdbird that I am and the melody of Shelia stuck in my head. Check M$'s posting above to download Shelia.



One of the highlights of the evening was meeting the famous Johnny Beach. He was super nice. Makes my lovefest with The Bowery Presents even more intense.

M$ had the munchies, so we headed over to Dash Dogs to grab a bite to eat. Best hot dogs EVER. We made friends with the dudes workin there and even got a Polaroid taken (above) of us! They put it up on their WALL OF FAME. So....next time you're at Dash, look for us!


This is a hilarious pic we just couldn't stop laughing at from the WALL OF FAME.



Since we separated from our bud Josh, we went over to Pianos to reunite with him. For a while it was a bit slow and I was thinkin about peacing out, but boy, am I glad I didn't!!! The New Violators were playing, but of course Pianos was at capacity, so we just had to sit at the bar and try to catch snippets of the show. Josh took a while to come over, but once he did, we got the party started. DAMN.


The New Violators started drinking at the bar, so I thought we'd make friends with them. L to R: S-Yo, A New Violator, E$

Check out this Violator's fly white pants.


Gettin picked up by The White-Panted Violator and Josh.




Wearing the singer's glasses.








The hot-pink Members Only jacket that we all coveted the entire evening.

Man, what a night!

No comments: