Wednesday, April 11, 2007

eldar, shake shack, klaxons, sweet n vicious


Eldar is a 20-year-old pianist from Kyrgyzstan. Last night he dazzled a roomful of industry folks with his quick-as-lightening fingers at The Cutting Room. DJ Logic and Eric Krasno from Soulive comprised his band, but they seemed a little pressed to keep up with Eldar's speed. For the most part, I couldn't really hear how DJ Logic fit into the compositions, but there were a few really sweet interactions between he and Eldar towards the end of the set. I'm curious to see where his career will lead.




Next stop: Shake Shack for dinner.

Doesn't it look magical? Well, it is.


After a yummy selection of cheese fries, shakes, and burgers, we headed over to Bowery Ballroom to catch The Klaxons.

Pre-show.


Lo and behold, we missed a fight outside Bowery Ballroom. When we rolled up, some dude had blood all over his neck and another mega-hipster was lying on the ground with a security guy standing over him. Oh no, not hipsters fighting with each other!! Maybe it started as a debate about whose jeans were more tapered.




SJ's phone died during the show, so she worked it out and plugged it up at the show. HA HA.

We got there kinda late and I was feeling mega-lazy, so I didn't get any good pics of the Klaxons. I think I need to get a new camera. Anyways, here are some key photos. The Klaxons sounded pretty good, but it was a boring show! I wanted them to be much more wild and crazy (maybe I'm screwed up in the head from seeing Iggy Pop the night before). They weren't bad, just not amazing. I guess hailing from the same town as Billy Shakespeare doesn't guarantee artistic genius. Am I being too hard on them?

After the show, we headed over to Sweet and Vicious to get our drink on. And shit, did we get our drink on. I'm not sure what inspired us to drink so much, but damn Gina...my head still hurts as I type this.






















"I herd you are in Buffalo, but what I REALLY want are some Canadian wings!"


















































Oh god, the cabride home was pretty epic. I don't remember a lot of it, but I've got the pics:





















No comments: