Monday, April 16, 2007

Young Galaxy played Mercury Lounge

Young Galaxy played Mercury Lounge last night. The crowd was small, but I think that had something to do with the ridiculous amounts of rain.



I only have their EP, which includes 3 songs, so I didn't know the majority of their set. (Their self-titled album drops April 24. ) I was a bit bothered by the balance last night; it was really hard to hear the vocals over the instruments. And as much as I love this band, the performance was a bit dissappointing, but I think they were just having an off-night! They didn't seem as tight as other Arts & Crafts artists (isn't hard not to fall into the trap of comparing them to Stars and Broken Social Scene?) and singing was occassionally off-key. I still really love them and hope Young Galaxy is just working out some kinks. They have a lot of potential.






























You must get "Swing Your Heartache" below:

Swing Your Heartache.mp3


It is one of the most gorgeous, emotionally-swollen tracks I've ever heard.


I didn't stay to hear Cloud Cult as I was feeling pretty sick. Definitely my loss. Any go? How was it?

No comments: