Tuesday, April 10, 2007

last night i saw iggy pop's ass

Last night, Sarah-Jane, Josh, and I made it up to the dazzling United Palace Theatre to catch Iggy and the Stooges.

Pre-show, SJ and I got some solid eats at a steakhouse across the street. HOLY CRAP it was good. SJ in a prime action shot, yo. Below are pics of the foyer. Pretty sick, huh?

Dude this is a water fountain! Fans in the balcony. Unfortunately we got there kinda late and couldn't find a good spot to get pics. It was like attack of the 6-ft-dude-night! Next time I go to a show, I'm bringing a damn ladder with me.

OK so Iggy was fucking insane. I am really surprised he didn't cut himself or eat a small animal onstage. He lost his shirt and his pants were struggling to stay on. I definitely caught the top half of his ass and Josh says his man-bits were on display a few times. Good thing SJ and I are shorties!

When we rolled up, Iggy decided to let everyone in the pit come onstage with him. IT WAS INSANE. I wish I had gotten there in time to get up there and represent.

Here are some pics courtesy of Lawrence L:

















SJ showing us the beautiful wallpaper.



Post-show, we all headed uptown to pay our friend DT a little visit. He lives in Inwood so I'm pretty sure that visitors aren't too frequent. We had a little fun in the train station with some MTA workers who were blasting some sweet rhymes reminiscent of Jazzy Jeff in his heyday.





Check out that sick stereo.




The 207 Street station RULES. There is sparkly sign that says "AT LONG LAST".

Here we are with a random-ass dude who wanted to take a picture with us. Inwood represent!



The man, the myth, the legend: DT.

What could be classier than champage on Monday night with SJ?

And there he is....

Cheers to another solid night of music. As the brits would say: MATES OUT!

No comments: